Author Topic: OMFG Lost Coast!  (Read 3468 times)

Roo_

• Noob Shoes
    • http://www.moribundy.co.uk
OMFG Lost Coast!
« on: October 28, 2005, 12:17:41 PM »
Just rebooted and steam told me it was out! Got it in 2 minutes and started enjoying! I cranked everything up but left AA and AF at 4x  i get 17-18 FPS! EEEEk :)

The effects look awesome i was especially pleased with the refraction and reflection of everything (water in the boats was my favourite bit).

I've been trying to cross the water on one of the boats, have made it 3/4 of the way to the ship b4 running out of speed, i'll get there eventually! :D

I recommend using all of the audio comments, they give an excellent inside into both the design process as well as some of the more detailed elements that you have to look hard at to see.

Get it now and post any secrets you find here, there's bound to be some...!  :)

PS.
Oh yeah recommended HW is ridiculous! 2.9gig at least x800! That might be why my FPS was soooo low ( only a 2.8 with x700 :( )
This is not a font...
BanComicSans.com Putting the Sans in "Comic Sans"

Roo_

• Noob Shoes
    • http://www.moribundy.co.uk
Sailing the Boats
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 03:59:49 PM »
HalfLife:2 Lost Coast - Sailing 101.

1) Choose your craft wisely...

(The metal blue boat is the best, as it can withstand gravity gun hits better, also the weight stops it from launching in the air with each hit)

2) Line up boat with destination.

3) Push off and jump...

(This is the tricky part, try not to land at the back of the boat or it will move backwards and beach again, however it you are too far forwards you cannotmove the boat. Ideal positioning is just in front of the middle)

5) Lodge yourself firmly in the boat.
(crouching is best: low centre of gravity)

6) Gravity Gun "Punt" your craft forwards...

(This is the fun bit, if you are lodged properly {i.e. not able to move AT ALL} then you'll be quite safe)

7) Repeat steps 5+6 til safely landed  at destination...

(Under no circumstances fall in the water, there are "wormie" things in there that kill you v. quick!)
This is not a font...
BanComicSans.com Putting the Sans in "Comic Sans"