Author Topic: IOLAN Feedback  (Read 7532 times)

jason

• LANSE Admin
  • LANSE Elder
    • http://www.lanse.co.uk
IOLAN Feedback
« on: September 05, 2005, 10:17:38 AM »
What a good weekend.

Thanks to all who turned up and made the weekend a laugh.

Uppers:
Loads of different games played:
CS:S, MOHAA, COD, Instagib, threewave, execessive, BF2, DotA, Generals, Flatout.

No technical problems (except bugstomper)!

Everyone joining in.

Curry!

Downers:
Heat! - bloody hell it was hot.
Client technical problems - two casualties - Bugstomper's Shuttle refusing to boot & one of the new gal's laptop dieing.

Client viruses. . . . .   please use  www.windowsupdate.com & www.grisoft.com (to get avg free) before you come to a LAN in future

All in all a good LAN, hopefully now summer is out of the way we should see an upturn in numbers.

See you at the next one (date TBC)
i5-2500k
Asus P8P67
2x 4gb DDR3 1600 hz OCZ
1 x Dell Perc 6/i
4 x Samsung 2TB (raid 5)
1 x WD VelociRaptor WD3000HLFS
Asus 5870 1gb PCI-E

Viper

• GeForce 8800 Ultra
    • http://www.viperuk.co.uk
Re: IOLAN Feedback
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 10:30:34 AM »
Glad to hear you all had a good weekend, but you missed out on my impromptu birthday bash in Blackpool. Still recovering.

PS Bugstomper - I've managed to get my shuttle running 20 degrees cooler. I took out the PSU, and the Fan and grill unit for the CPU. And gave them a vacuum.

Its made for a much more stable system.

Anyway here's hoping I can make the next get together
WoW Characters
Viper - lvl 70 Hunter - Main
-

- 300GB Western Digital Caviar SE16 16mb cache SATA-2 Hard Drive
- 2 x Leadtek GeForce 7800 GT 256MB DDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Cards (SLi Configured)
- Pioneer DVR-110BK 16 x 16 DVD

-Cry-

IOLAN Feedback
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 07:41:32 PM »
Was a good weekend, thoroughly enjoyed it.  Shame I missed all the CS:S and BF2 on Friday night (still can't get BF2 working but that's anohter story).  Although the CS:S I did play was fun.  The quick Threewave game was very enjoyable!

Curry Center was lovely, Wendovers was a surprise with very large portions for Sunday brekkie.

Jason - you mentioned perhaps a trip to fragland, can you keep us updated on dates, thanks.

jason

• LANSE Admin
  • LANSE Elder
IOLAN Feedback
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 11:19:58 AM »
thread cleaned out to keep it on topic.

- see new thread RE joint lan / trip to fragLANd
i5-2500k
Asus P8P67
2x 4gb DDR3 1600 hz OCZ
1 x Dell Perc 6/i
4 x Samsung 2TB (raid 5)
1 x WD VelociRaptor WD3000HLFS
Asus 5870 1gb PCI-E

Neoteric

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 11:58:44 AM »
Spank-Tastic

A nice mix of Game's, and all very fun and non-serious, whic is always good.

I would have liked a few of the FPS to have been revisited alittle more, and maybe some UT to have been thrown in...

I'm starting to like RTS alittle, dota is a nice change from my usual gaming. But I also think that even thou you have the numbers for such a game, the numbers left outside the game are small, leaveing little for them to do together which is fun. 4 dudes in BF2 without bots, not fun. 4 guys in CS with bots, lasts about 30 minutes.  If turn out is small then maybe try limit it to one dota at a time, you can always re-visit it again in 2-3 hours time, but the 2or3 games one after the other leave a huge gap for everyone else.

Not that I have a clue about anything....

Neoteric
May come to the next one, but for sure is on the hunt for lots of small entertaining games to fill the gaps.

Nunzio

• GeForce 8800 GTS
    • http://www.nunzionuk.net
IOLAN Feedback
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 12:16:28 PM »
A good lan, tho short on numbers.

A great mix of games, tho i now cant run BF2 :( reinstall happening this week. I had too many problems trying to get steam to unlock CS:S to join in with that, tho have found the issue, nForce Firewall. Even with it set to antihackers, it still blocks outgoing traffic. Plus found it was corrupting zip file downloads.

Overwise, great lan, even tho i did leave saturday.

Hoping for more people at the next one, give us loads of notice tho.

Cosmo

• GeForce 8800 Ultra
    • http://stfu-land.com
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 08:57:20 PM »
As is previously said, a bit low on numbers so, again, the constant RTS gaming can cause problems (i too have borne the brunt of this because i don't particularly like generals).

Although it was a good LAN as per usual, nice Wendovers (lack of numbers was a bit of a problem i guess although we ended up having a fun game of pool on the Saturday) although i do miss Tony's ...

The Curry was good but hopefully we can have something different next time, didn't mention it at the time but i thought the stuff made by the new chef wasn't as good as what i've had there before, but then again that's just my tastes i suppose ...

I'm going to try and work something out for getting to future LAN's from Uni, it's easy for me to get back via the train but i'll have to work something out with my computer, although it might not do me any harm to get picked up every now and then and spend the weekend back here, considering i'm only going to be about an hour and a half down the motorway.

Anyway, hopefully in the future we'll see more attendance, the return of Kerr, Yo Sushi, the PK lot and Planbgaming (and probably more i can't think of), more Tony and hopefully we'll see some more of those fully packed out LAN's we have had in the past.

I'm looking forward to it :)

"I think i'm getting old - i'm so tired" - Jason Halls - 03/09/2005

H@WK_EYES

• GeForce 8800 GT
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 09:49:32 AM »
i thourgh it was a good lan.
played more fps games then eve (weather thats a good thing or not i havent decided yet)

the ut 2004 mod alien swarm was a good bit of fun as was the few games of flatout and we even played a few rounds of starwars pod racer :S

only played a few games of dota and didnt realy enjoy them much bf2 was fun mayby next time we could do a few games of bf1942 WITHOUT the patches so there can be exopack jump madness :D

at the curry house i got to be an unknowning ginipig  :P  mayby we should go to franky and bennys next time as i dont think weve been there for a while of mayby something compleatly different

and of corse the BEST quote at the lan which cosmos sig reminded me is from jason which was

"I think i'm getting old - i'm so tired"   :shock:  :shock:

daqedalus

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2005, 04:07:18 PM »
A very enjoyable event overall...  I think all my group enjoyed it anyway!

The atmosphere was kinda strange when we first arrived but I think we settled in when all the games started.

I loved the way everyone will jump on a server and play a game if someone brings a server and shouts it out. Its really really fun.

All the people who I met we're pretty friendly, even though we're CrouchJumpers which was really nice. (We expect the worst when we go to new places)

The smoking room was nice... Means I don't have to stand outside in the cold for my horrible nicotine fix.

I'll be coming along to other IOs or LANSE events in the future and I hope we're welcomed again!

Oh, and I must speak to Jason about the dual-LAN idea. LANSE/IO & GenericLAN together would be brilliant.

blade

• GeForce 8800 Ultra
    • http://www.dandm.co.uk
IOLAN Feedback
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 06:20:11 PM »
Had a good time as usual, found myself in the middle of all scoreboards, even saw my name at the top in quake for a split second, i must have got first blood or somthing.

My humble appologies for spanking wenovers, it IS better than morrisons but still not as good as tonys.

Shame about the turnout but hey we still had fun.

Bugstomper

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2005, 04:58:30 PM »
:cry: well very expensive lan for me /and a bad day all round
one GFX card
one Shuttle mother board
one amd processor
One Corsair memory Stick
and one Unhappy Lan player (who didn't even get one game)
but on the up side the power pack survived

was great to see folks even if i was a little miffed at the pc crisis

not to worry - i been shoppin and ready to play again at the next lan i hope :D

jason

• LANSE Admin
  • LANSE Elder
IOLAN Feedback
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2005, 05:15:14 PM »
WTF happend to your rig will?

did you drop it on the way over?
i5-2500k