Author Topic: LANSE 29 Feedback  (Read 4789 times)

jason

• LANSE Admin
  • LANSE Elder
    • http://www.lanse.co.uk
LANSE 29 Feedback
« on: June 06, 2005, 11:24:27 AM »
That was a fun weekend - despite the low numbers.

High-light - CS:Source "Zombie mod" it was a riot! I think next time we'll have two servers running it with less human players.

Low-light - WWW outage. the WWW was down from about 10pm Friday till 4PM on Saturday, this stopped us from playing CS:S as everyone lost their STEAM Auth.  After two trips to Staples (thanks Dave) & a new modem / Router all was well.  It's a shame Reepa left early, as much CS was played after we got on-line.

Played a fair bit of Generals & DotA (and got some new converts). COD UO was a giggle as was DC CTF & Q3.

Curry Centre was very good as per usual.

I have two bits of lost property -

1. Sound cable / splitter - think was Blades
2. Wrist exerciser.

That's all for now folks
i5-2500k
Asus P8P67
2x 4gb DDR3 1600 hz OCZ
1 x Dell Perc 6/i
4 x Samsung 2TB (raid 5)
1 x WD VelociRaptor WD3000HLFS
Asus 5870 1gb PCI-E

Oddbodge

Re: LANSE 29 Feedback
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 11:27:27 AM »
Quote from: "jason";p="36614"
I have two bits of lost property -
2. Wrist exerciser.

lol i that for your "weaker" unused hand ;-)

jason

• LANSE Admin
  • LANSE Elder
LANSE 29 Feedback
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 11:29:53 AM »
LOL speak to Jenk  :)
i5-2500k
Asus P8P67
2x 4gb DDR3 1600 hz OCZ
1 x Dell Perc 6/i
4 x Samsung 2TB (raid 5)
1 x WD VelociRaptor WD3000HLFS
Asus 5870 1gb PCI-E

Bluey

• LANSE Elder
LANSE 29 Feedback
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 11:37:38 AM »
liked UO, Zombie mod's optimal number was 4.

Perfectly timed Burn player on hawkeyes after he TK'd me was very funny. With shouts of "who brought the marshmallows?"

The artillary barrage in Uo was amazing especially when me and Roo called them in at once covering about a third of the map in death. Unfortunately we only managed to kill two of our own players :S

Dota we got a few converts and people got a lot better as time went on. A few of the new guys even ganged up on imba Jason and killed him once :o
As usualy i had my straw hat and big sideburns as i went a farming ;)

We had a few good games of Generals the last of which Frog swore blind was Oticks fault for not taking teh middle and defending. On later inspection the contraty was found with embarressing humvee rocket + sniper consequences :S

All in all i the lan exceeded my expectations for the amount of players, unfortunately i'm pretty certain i can't make the next 2 :cry:

blade

• GeForce 8800 Ultra
    • http://www.dandm.co.uk
LANSE 29 Feedback
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 11:40:43 PM »
In short i had great fun, farcry was a new one for me and i enjoyed it.

I aint never sitting next to Bluey again as is arse smells funny, or was that me, hhmmmmm.

Food, i ate too much as usual, did miss breakfast however i made up for it at the curry center, ta for sharing Jason, meant we could have more variaty without ripping our stomaches open.

Splitter is mine, will get it at next lan.

Dj_Jestar

Re: LANSE 29 Feedback
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 12:13:40 PM »
Powerball is mine, I'll nab it back at next lan. :)

Garp

LANSE 29 Feedback
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 01:22:11 PM »
Quote from: "Bluey";p="36624"
Dota we got a few converts and people got a lot better as time went on. A few of the new guys even ganged up on imba Jason and killed him once :o

Gang up?  Pah!  Pure skill on my behalf, thats what it was.

I hate using melee heroes, but that sand king whilst it started off rather weak came into its own later on.  A combination of that spike trick / stun and his ground shaking spell took out a fair number of the enemy.  That and I'd finally got to grips with the upgrade process for items.  Sand King was running fast, with high armor and had constant AOE heals..