Author Topic: CS1.3 - Thoughts here...  (Read 2021 times)

Tuxpoo

• LANSE Trustee
  • GeForce 8800 Ultra
    • http://www.lanse.co.uk
CS1.3 - Thoughts here...
« on: September 20, 2001, 12:49:08 AM »
                    Comments on CS1.3?

Kinda highlights how poor the wolf demo test is.

Looks like cs is here to stay a bit longer.

Voice com is the big revelation. It makes teamwork happen better.  The sound quality varied from crystal clear to crackly  noise. Im guessing this is more realted to sound gear than anything else.
Best keep it muted till kids go to bed.
I had some french kid singing on one server.
Prob time to get decent boom mic.

Hitboxes are much fairer, no more hiding against walls.
Headbox seems easyer to hit, making slightly more headshots.

Graphically the game looks much the same. The animation is a bit smoother, But no big change.
FPS is better.

No big change in weapons. AK47 seemed a bit less acurate. the mp4 was much more acurate.
THe 4th pistle was improved.

Hltv seemded a little dodgy. i had texture tearing when using the map overlay. I didnt spend much time on it yet.

Over all this re-affirms cs as the leading multiplayer game.
Mostly this is a refinement, with no real suprises exept for the voice com. The HLtv seemed a bit ropey.

I advise anyone to   get it now whilst the cheats dont have any hacks/cheats. Its very noticable that noone can cheat, but I guess it will take about a week.                    
reakfast like a king. Lunch like a God. Dinner like an emperor. Snack like a megalomaniac.

Phiebs

CS1.3
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2002, 04:13:20 PM »
                    OK - couple of pointers about CS 1.3:

Voice com is the big revelation. It makes teamwork happen better.  The sound quality varied from crystal clear to crackly  noise. Im guessing this is more realted to sound gear than anything else.
Best keep it muted till kids go to bed.
I had some french kid singing on one server.
Prob time to get decent boom mic.

I would have to agree with you here, but not much of a benifit on a LAN (or perhaps im wrong?)

Hitboxes are much fairer, no more hiding against walls.
Headbox seems easyer to hit, making slightly more headshots.

Again, same story, definatly increaced size of hitboxes

Graphically the game looks much the same. The animation is a bit smoother, But no big change.
FPS is better.

Yeah...

No big change in weapons. AK47 seemed a bit less acurate. the mp4 was much more acurate.
THe 4th pistle was improved.

I have to disagree here, the AK is still my weapon of choice, but as for the MP5 (or did you mean M4) that has not much difference (as far as I can tell), however the M4 is a bit more accurate.

Hltv seemded a little dodgy. i had texture tearing when using the map overlay. I didnt spend much time on it yet.

Havn't had many problems with it, I think we shoyuld run a HLTV proxy on all of the matches, this takes lag away from the main server, and allows it to be displayed on the projector without people cheating, by just focusing in on a battlescene, and peiople can see it later aswell?

Thoughts on this please?

Over all this re-affirms cs as the leading multiplayer game.
Mostly this is a refinement, with no real suprises exept for the voice com. The HLtv seemed a bit ropey.

I advise anyone to   get it now whilst the cheats dont have any hacks/cheats. Its very noticable that noone can cheat, but I guess it will take about a week.

Right. Always a point at LAN's, hate to say it, but cheats do exist, so I have got a hold of ADMINmod and a few other VERY clever cheat 'finders' that run INDEPENDANTLY of the server. This is a big bonus, so beware anyone with cheats.. you WILL get found out.

Well, as usual, thoughts and comments please!